Well, I signed Zoe up for dance class at Studio 1 Talent right around the corner from DC on Tuesdays from 3:30 - 4:30. It is once a week, and I figured I would work through lunch 1-2 days during the week and leave early on that day to take her. Apparently, one particular person didn't like this and was complaining about me. According to my supervisor, the perception is that all I do is walk the halls and I am never in my office. I am in my office 7 out of 8 hours on any given day. He went on to say that I should get DH or the IL's take her. I told him that this was something that I wanted to do with her as her MOTHER and it is the only time that is available this year. So I was told that I can take the hour on Tuesday for 4 weeks and then it will be re-evaluated. Now I have to keep track of every second that I am here and I basically have to stay in my office all day long. If it "isn't working out" then I have to stop taking her to dance class. I am beyond pissed right now. It is just petty and ridiculous and it makes me sad. I have been here for 8 years and now I can't be trusted?! I called the dance studio today and they said I could move her to the 5:15 class, but part of me doesn't want to. That makes us in a rush for the rest of the night. The 3:30 one fits perfect into our schedule. But I was told by the one person in the Department that I trust that I should choose my battles because he could get me on a technicality since it is "during" work hours. So I guess I will change. I just think it is ridiculous how they are. I have been working through my lunch and leaving at 3:30 pm at least once a week for well over a year and it hasn't been an issue until now.
*sigh* I know that it will all work out in the end. I just found out that there will be several other Mommies from a local Mommy Group there at the same time so at least I will have someone to talk to right?
Ok, enough complaining. I'll leave you with some pictures of my little ballerina/tapper.
She is so excited!
Her best Ballerina pose!
Waiting for class to start
Lee over at Tarheel Ramblings was tagged to do a meme and thus tagged all his readers, and so on....
So here is how it works. All you have to do is Google your first name with the word needs behind it and post the results. Don’t forget to tag tag tag (if you are the tagging sort)! At least tag back to me so that someone out there in internet land will visit me.
So without further adeiu, I bring you - "What Carrie needs..." The top 10.
1. Carrie needs after a night like this is a nice, hot bath. Amen sista!
2. [A double header!] Carrie needs some care herself. Carrie needs to examine life choices that she has, or has not, made in the past. - You can say that again!
3. Carrie needs our support! - Why yes I do. Please.
4. Carrie needs a Stanford. - Ummm, yea.
5. Carrie Needs Therapy - You think?
6. Carrie needs help...please. - Yes, lots of money would be great.
7. Carrie needs support. - There is is again. Oy- I am in more trouble that I thought.
8. Carrie needs to be pampered. - A message, facial, and pedicure pretty please. Right. now.
9. Carrie needs a good home! - Anyone out there got a free house?
10. Carrie NEEDS our votes!!! - I didn't know I was in the running for President! Sweet! Obama, you better watch it buddy!
So there you have it....What do YOU need?