.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Thursday, July 27, 2006
    Alopecia Aereata
    Not many people have ever heard of Alopecia areata. The National Alopecia Areata Foundation defines it as:

    Alopecia Areata (al-oh-PEE-shah air-ee-AH-tah) is a highly unpredictable, autoimmune skin disease resulting in the loss of hair on the scalp and elsewhere on the body. This common but very challenging and capricious disease affects approximately 1.7 percent of the population overall, including more than 5 million people in the United States alone. Due to the fact that much of the public is still not familiar with alopecia areata, the disease can have a profound impact on one's life and functional status, both at work and at school.

    I have suffered from this disease since I was 5 years old. Mine happens to be stress induced. We first noticed the bald spots on my head when I was five. I remember the teachers and doctors thinking that I had a vitamin deficiency or something. They even went so far as to talk about giving me steriod shots. Thank God my mother decided against it. I guess at that time not many people knew about it. In fact, I didn't even have a name for what was wrong until I was around 11 when a hair dresser finally told me what was wrong with me. It was nice to have a name and reason, but growing up with it wasn't easy. Often I didn't know I even had one until it was too late.

    Mine always surfaces on my head, and luckily it eventually grows back. Some people are not that lucky. I was picked on mercilessly at times growing up, but I learned to find them early and style my hair to that others don't know. The trickiest time was during my wedding. Obviously it was a highly stressful time, and of course I got one rightin the front of my hairline where my part was. That one was hard to hide since I could pin, curl etc right there. But no one knew the difference and soon the baby fine hair began to grow again.

    Well, I just found another one. Right at the top of my head. I was scratching my head during a meeting at work and there it was. Alpha Male inspected it and confirmed it was the size of his thumb and bald as a baby's butt. Figures. And this one is bothering me more than they have in a long time. I guess I thought that it was over. I couldn't be that lucky.

    What is causing the stress? More than likely it is financial. I am so far behind on my bills and it is a constant source of stress for me. I really need to get a second job, but I know in my heart that I wouldn't be able to stand being away from my babies so I am trying to figure out a way to pay them off and save every penny I can. Of course the car taxes are due soon. Why is $220 fair? Ouch!

    Anyway. Just thought that I would share a little bit of myself that I don't readily admit to the outside world. Now to decide what to do with my hair. I really want to cut it all off, but I am chicken.

    Nighty night all. Alpha male is gone for the night and So You Think You Can Dance is on. Gotta go indulge in mindless reality TV!

      posted at 7/27/2006 09:05:00 PM
      3 comments


    3 Comments:
    At Friday, July 28, 2006 2:27:00 PM, Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

    I imagine that wasn't fun to share, and I totally understand how you feel. Since I have had my third, the top of my hair has thinned out incredibly. It got to the point where I only had a little bit of it left. So I know how you feel... my hairdresser was suggested hair plugs. I was like "NO WAY! I'm a WOMAN!"

    Now I just ignore it and pretend it isn't as bad as it looks.

     
    At Monday, July 31, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Jack's Raging Mommy said...

    Several months ago, after my wedding, I donated my hair to Locks of Love.

    Once it has grown out a few more inches I will do so again.

    I like reading the point of view of one who will receive the hair.
    Thank you!

     
    At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:29:00 AM, Blogger Glamorous Redneck said...

    Wow. What a frustrating thing to suffer from--especially for us girls! Very brave of you to put it all out there for us cyber-folk!

    And I'm with you on the bill thing. This $3 gas is killing us since the Hubs drives 70 miles a day in his pickup. Grah!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Big Brother 7 Fans!Do The Jase Face! This is the ...
    Just Shoot Me
    Introductions Please
    Getting So Big
    Last Chance
    How Do You Feel?
    GO.THERE.NOW!
    Thursday Thirteen (07/20/06)
    Contest
    I Can't Reach It

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: