.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Thursday, August 17, 2006
    Weight Loss Surgery Failure
    As I have posted previously, I had gastric bypass surgery in May 2002 and lost 150 pounds up until getting pregnant with both my children.

    Weight issues and weight loss seem to be a commen theme around the blogs that I read on a daily basis. Like here, here, and here. Everywhere I look there are blog stating that they need to lose weight. Made me think that maybe this was a sign that I needed to get off my lazy ass and do something about my current state of blubber.

    I will say now that I weight @ 265 (Ouch, that hurt) and I must lose it. I was almost at a point pre-babies that I felt good about myself. Now I am in a constant state of annoyance and disgust. I try not to let it over-take me but I can't seem to get out of this rut I am in. I have always said that I want to weigh under 200. I don't really care if it is 199 or 170, just somewhere under 200. I haven't seen that in a long time. I would love to be at 180, but I will take baby steps.

    Some people may think 180 is a lot of weight and it may be, but I will be happy if I get there. I won't be in plus sized clothes anymore if I get there. I am a "shapely" woman so I carry my weight well, or so I have been told. I am 5'9" tall so height is on my side as well.

    At my lowest weight after the surgery I wore a 16-18W pant and a 14-16W top. I am now in a 22W pant and a 18 top. I kept telling myself..."I just had a baby". Well, that baby is now 16 months old. I have turned back into the emotiona junk food eating slob of yesteryear and I am sick of it. I vow that I am going to do something about it and soon.

    I also wonder if it is possible to have PPD past a year. I can't remember a day when I haven't cried at least once since the birth of my son. I have seen two counselors and neither has seemed all that concerned, but it things haven't improved wouldn't you say something is going on. I don't want to rely on a pill to solve my problems, but at the same time I am wondering if being prescribed something just might help, even for a little while. But who do I talk to about this? What do I say?

    Anyway, I have always admired Carnie Wilson (of Wilson Phillips & now Celebrity Fit Club fame). She had the surgery about a year ahead of me and I always looked to her as hope and inspiration. And now to see that she has gained weight too has shown me that the surgery is defineatly not a fix all. I knew it wouldn't be but getting rid of old habits is hard! It also doesn't help that SIL#1 had the surgery a year ago and went from a size 24/26 to a Size 4/6. I am very proud of her, but I am the fat one again and that sucks! I have been watching Carnie on Fit Club and watching her has helped me realize that I need to take control again.

    Alpha Male and I are going to start the diet Dr. Ian from the show has most of them doing, the Fat Smasher Diet. It is a lot like the South Beach Diet, but so more doable for me. The first 9 days (Detox) you can basically have nothing but fruits and vegetables, but after that you start to add healthy foods and meats back. After 90 days, you have retrained your mind and body to think and eat healthy. And it doens't take away everything you ever crave. Everything in moderation. And the testimonials on the website are truly amazing. I am excited to start, but I'm not sure if I should start it now, or wait until I get back from my vacation in a few weeks?

    What do you think? Should I start now or wait? Want to join me?

      posted at 8/17/2006 11:54:00 AM
      5 comments


    5 Comments:
    At Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think that's so great that you are going to start the Fat Smash. I just started it too. I love Carnie as well and am truly inspired by her watching Fit Club. I would love to do this with you and be support partners if you're interested.

    As for when to start it, it's always better sooner rather than later. However, if you already have it planned in your head that you are going to eat crap on vacation, then you might as well wait until you get back.

    I don't know if it would be helpful for you, but I have found that keeping a spreadsheet of what I eat and my weekly weigh in numbers has been very helpful keeping me on track. You can do it!

     
    At Friday, August 18, 2006 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

    I'm waiting until September 5th to re-start my daily walking. I'll join you if you want!

     
    At Monday, August 21, 2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Amy W said...

    I am with you on the new diet, I signed up for Weight Watchers last week.

    I love the new site!!

     
    At Monday, August 21, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger Perstephone said...

    Good for you for taking the step. It is so hard to do when you have a family, I know, but I know you can do it!

    As for PPD- I think I have had it for the last 2 months and my son is nearing his first birthday. I started Wellbutrin and while I know it cannot solve all of my problems, it has helped my head clear so that I can start to work on them instead of wallow.

    Good luck to you and I'll stay tuned to how you are doing!

     
    At Saturday, August 26, 2006 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Panthergirl said...

    Don't be afraid to seek medication for PPD... it's a very real thing (despite what Tom Cruise thinks!) and there is no time limit for it. See a therapist (not a counselor) who can recommend a psychiatrist who can prescribe for you.

    Medication saved my life when I became depressed as a result of the onset of menopause. Depression isn't "sadness"... it's a real, physical, condition that requires treatment.

    It may also help with your efforts to lose weight, if you're feeling better mentally! Good luck.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Benji won!!!
    New Pictures
    One More Thing
    T Minus 4 and Counting...
    Welcome to...
    Sexy Back - SYTYCD Final 4Travis is SEX-AY!!I know...
    It's Monday
    Must.Get.Sleep.
    Big Pimpin'
    Alopecia Aereata

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: