.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Monday, December 18, 2006
    Happy Birthday To Me
    Well, I turned the big 3-2 yesterday. As much as I was dreading it, it really wasn't that bad. Saturday night we met at the In-laws for their Christmas since they are heading to NY next week. I got the Dawson's Creek Season 4 DVD set, a candle warmer, a Rachel Ray Cookbook, a beginner Guitar book, a jasmine candle, and a $25 gift certificate to Walmart. AlphaMale got me a PowerSpot carpet cleaner, a gift certificate to get my van cleaned and a watch.

    Instead of going out to eat, we decided to take the kids to the Zoo. I know, to the zoo in December~ are we crazy? Well, it was only 75 degress here in South Carolina yesterday. The weather was perfect. It was really nice and we say 95% of the animals, albeit sleeping ones. The kids really enjoyed it. Wildman LOVED the aquarium. We was yelling at the fish and pressing his little face to the glass and saying "Look it!". It was priceless. Drama Queen still has an ear infection so she wasn't her normal perkey self, but she still enjoyed it and did her share of Mama look! She has a facination with birds. The swans were her favorite.

    On our way home from the zoo, we stopped back at the In-laws to see a family friend that was there and eat. They gave me one of those apple peeler/corer thingy's that cuts the apples/potatoes into thin spiral pieces and a french fry cutter. I had bought a peeler thing from Pampered Chef, but it won't work on my counters. Oh well. I can't wait to use it now. I am a dork when it comes to kitchen gadgets. I have a whole cabinet full of crap like that.

    But as always, there was drama. Dun dun dun. It wouldn't be the Lo2U2 if there wasn't would it? Friday night I called my Aunt to see if we could have Christmas at my house this year. With everything that has been going on I was hoping to not have to pack up the kids and drive over there. She had a lot of well and ums and I could tell that she wasn't keen in the idea but she said she would talk to her friend and see how if we could work it out. She tried the whole "Daddy might not want to come all the way over there", but I had already talked to Pa-Paw and he was fine with it. I thought it was over and done. Boy was I wrong.

    ~~Ok, I'll be honest. I didn't want to go over there. Ever since my grandmother died in April I think I have seen my aunt once. And all she has done is bad mouth me the entire time. Why would I want to go over there? I am so sick of all of it. But I want to be with family on Christmas. And I have a nice new house so I thought -hey why not have it here for a change?~~

    Sunday night I had a message on my machine from my Aunt. Happy Birthday greetings right? Not likely. Right from the start you could tell that she had an "how dare you" attitude. Bascially she said that she had been having it at her house for the last 15 years and she didn't understand why I would want to change it. Besides, this was the first she was hearing of it and she had already bought all the food (yea right~ try again!) That it was the first Christmas without Nanny and she wanted her Daddy at her house. That if we wanted to work something out and Pa-Paw come over to my house Christmas Eve or something that would be fine. Not once did she say she wanted us there. I don't think that she wants us there and I don't really want to be there either. Last year it was her idea to "only get gifts for the kids". And we aren't talking a hand full of kids either. I have two and she has two teenagers. That's it. And they are far from poor. But I digress. As I have said before, Christmas isn't just about gift giving. But I find it really upsetting and a waste of my time to drive over an hour to a family members home to not receive any gifts. Last year the kids got hand my down toys because she "ran out of time to buy them something" and we didn't get anything from them . Not to mention it always ends in a "Lets bash my mother" session. Not that I get along all that well with my Mom, but she still is MY mom.

    But I am going to swallow the bitterness that is brewing in the back of my throat and keep my mouth shut. AM and I have already decided that we will only stay as long as my mother does. Any takers on how long you think we will last before there's a fight or we leave?

      posted at 12/18/2006 10:44:00 AM
      6 comments


    6 Comments:
    At Monday, December 18, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Erin said...

    First of all - Happy 32nd!! I'm glad you had a great birthday, and remember I still have one year on you so you don't need to feel old ;)

    Second - I'm not getting this. You want to stay at your house, you don't like this woman, you don't enjoy going over there, but you still are?

    This is something I have never understood. Christmas is for enjoyment, relaxation and yes... family... BUT

    Your family are the ones that love, support, and are there for you on a regular basis - like your husband and your kids. If you don't want to go, and you want to have a great dinner and stuff at your house then do it! Invite whoever wants to come and if they show up fine, and if they don't then don't worry about it!

     
    At Monday, December 18, 2006 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

    Happy 32!!! You are now caught up with me, until July anyway...

    As for the family thing, I can just say that this is one reason I am very glad that our closest family lives 12 hours away! I so do not miss the driving from house to house for the holidays. It is just the four of us at our own house (except this year it is 6 because my parents are coming down) usually.

     
    At Monday, December 18, 2006 1:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy belated birthday!

    Oh, we always have drama in my family...it seems as if it's alway worse around the holidays.
    The weather has been crazy warm here too! I think it's supposed to be like 77 today. It so doesn't feel like it's almost winter.

    Happy C&C Monday!!

     
    At Monday, December 18, 2006 7:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy belated Birthday!

    Drama is right...that sounds like a crappy way to spend your holiday. I hope it goes alright!

     
    At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy Belated Birthday!!

    Drama sucks and it always come out at a time of year when everyone is supposed to be happy, grateful, and cheerful.

    Odd the way that the world works.

     
    At Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the big THREE-TWO.

    When I was 20 I dated a 32-year old for a year, she was my favorite girlfriend for a very long time.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    We Are The Champions!
    How Could They?
    Ding Dong? Who's There?
    Heeyyaahh!
    I'm Baaaccckkk!
    I'm Still Alive
    Poo Poo Round Up
    Happy Halloween!
    Here are some random pictures of the kids. Let's h...
    I Think I Am Losing My Mind!

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: