.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Wednesday, December 20, 2006
    Tick Tock You Don't Stop
    Let the drama continue.

    For those that have been keeping up with the Christmas Aunt saga...it doesn't end at my last post. After the initial message on the machine I called her back and told her that it wasn't a big deal. That I thought that having Christmas at my house would be easier (especially for me with the kids) but that we could/would come to her house and to let me know when and what to bring. I totally expected her to call me back saying that "Dinner is at one..blah blah blah". Boy was I wrong.

    The next morning she called and left another message on my answering machine stating again that she already had the food and people were planning on coming to her house like they had the last 15 years. She would send the kids' presents with my Mom. She wanted her Dad at her house for Christmas. Sounds like she really wants me there huh?

    I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I called and cried to my Mom for awhile last night and asked her to find out what Aunt's problem is since I am a non-confrontational chicken. Mom thinks that I need to just show up if nothing else but spite. Part of me wants to. Who does she think she is to basically tell me that I can't spend Christmas with my family. But the other part of me (and my gut instinct too) tells me that I don't need to waste my time and be somewhere that I am obviously NOT wanted. Of course, Mom calls and leaves her a message telling her that she really hurt my feelings and that she needs to think about what she wants and if she can be nice about the situation she needs to call me, but if not then don't bother. I don't know about you, but I can pretty much guess where that will go.

    I hate feeling like this. What the hell have I really done to her? All that she has a "problem" with was between my grandparents and me. It has absolutely nothing to do with her. I know I shouldn't give her the power, but she makes me feel like there is something wrong with me. My family here in the Carolinas is small and to not see them is breaking my heart. I can't remember a time that I didn't get to spend it with family. I know that I have a family of my own now, but they are my family too. Rock and a hard place much?

    I still haven't decided what I am going to do. I probably won't until Christmas morning. I pretty much have decided that if she doesn't call me back (and play nice) then I WON'T be going over there. I also know that next year I will not be going over there. We started having Christmas at her house because she had small children. Her kids are now in high school. So, based upon that criteria, it's my turn now. If she doesn't want to come then fine.

    I so sound like a spoiled brat huh? Am I being ridiculous? What would you do? (ok, ERin I already know what you would do ;) )

      posted at 12/20/2006 04:02:00 PM
      4 comments


    4 Comments:
    At Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Erin said...

    Uh huh - you do know what I would do ;)

    So DO IT!!! lol

    Don't you dare go somewhere that you are not wanted!!! You are better than that!

     
    At Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree with Erin... don't go where you're not wanted. Have a good day surrounded by those you love and those who love you, and don't worry about anyone else.

    I swear some people just do stuff to get a reaction. LOL

     
    At Thursday, December 21, 2006 1:55:00 PM, Blogger That Chick Over There said...

    I'm a non-confrontational person too, so I feel your pain. Sorry about such a crappy situation. :(

     
    At Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree and disagree sort of. We have some issues this year to. My father is very very negative towards his son-in-laws and my sister's hubby finally stood up to him this fall - well it has been bad ever since. My sister had a baby 2 weeks ago, her first and she is the baby of the family. He lives 2 blocks from the hospital and refused to come visit her! Anyway, my hubby is sick of the way he and the others are treated so he decided this year we would have Christmas at our house, and whoever wants to come can come. If they don't, well to bad - and if they try to cause problems, it's our house so we can ask them to leave, lol.

    So, while I never like being places I'm not wanted - I know there are some members of this family would have more fun chopping off a leg then coming to my house - but it sounds so far like all of them are coming anyway and will try to play nice, cause, well, we're still family even at our worst.

    I lost a brother 6 years ago in a car accident so I can tell you without a moments hesitation that life is to short to spend hating your family no matter how wrong they may be. You may have a family member that is driving you nuts this year or maybe for years already - but for all you know, this may be your last Christmas with them.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Happy Birthday To Me
    We Are The Champions!
    How Could They?
    Ding Dong? Who's There?
    Heeyyaahh!
    I'm Baaaccckkk!
    I'm Still Alive
    Poo Poo Round Up
    Happy Halloween!
    Here are some random pictures of the kids. Let's h...

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: