.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me

Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Friday, May 11, 2007
    Croup De Ville
    Last night was an adventure, to say the least.
    WildMan has had a slight cold for several days now. Nothing to serious, just a litle runny nose and a dry cough. I expected it since anytime I leave him with someone over a weekend he seems to get sick. Just par for the course I suspect.
    Yesterday. I picked the kids up from daycare and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Both kids were in good spirits and acting crazy like they always do. We set off to the car. As soon as I got WildMan into the car seat I noticed that something was wrong. He was wheezing really bad and sounded horrible. I knew this couldn't be good.
    I got DramaQueen in the car and home we went. Alpha Male needed to make a Lottery Ticket run so I let him take the van with the kids in tow. Hey, anything to get a headstart on dinner without them fussing and trying to knaw their arm off is fine by me! I was making bar-b-que pork chops, mac n cheese, stuffing, and seasoned cabbage and needed the few extra minutes to get everything started.
    When they got home, of course WM thought that it was immediately time to eat and proceeded to throw a fit because I couldn't fill his belly RIGHT. NOW! He was sent to his room by Daddy to get it out of his system. Usually it only takes a few minutes and he is back to happy boy again. This time I heard him raving for a while. AM even went in there and sat with him to try and calm him down since he was already having problems breathing.
    Well, all through dinner WM sounded like an 80 year old man with emphazema (sp?) and I just knew that he had croup again. After dinner, I packed him up and to Urgent Care we went. I was told that he was in obvious breathing distress and that if the treatment didn't work that I would have to take him the the Children's ER in Charlotte. His oxygen level was low, and he was starting to wear out which is dangerous. The nurse (who was really sweet & had a thick British accent) played with WM a bit and then gave us his mask to give him an albuterol treatment.
    Boy was that fun! He screamed and cried the entire time. He was not a happy boy. But after a few minutes he stopped trying to claw my hands off and instead was wrapping his little fingers around my fingers as he sobbed. It tore my heart out, but I knew that it had to be done. They also gave him some liquid steriods and after about 25 minutes he was doing a lot better. They checked us out with a prescription for liquid albuterol and prednisone and told us that if he started wheezing like that again to take him to his DR or the Children's ER. I was also told to stay with him tonight in case he started having problems again.
    So I got his meds filled and put him to bed. After CSI and ER I camped out on a bunch of blankets on his floor and slept besdie his bed. I am happy to report that this morning he shows no signs of wheezing, but I told the daycare to watch him really closely (since she never noticed he was wheezing in the first place which kind of upsets me) and call me if he has another attack.
    All I know is that I am sure glad that he appears to be feeling better and I hope this doesn't become a regular thing. And I can truly sympathize with those of you (CPA Mom) who have asthmatic (sp?) children and have to give them home treatments. That was NOT fun and I hope that I never have to do it again.
    So that was my fun night! How was yours?

    No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
    with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.

      posted at 5/11/2007 08:41:00 AM

    At Friday, May 11, 2007 9:26:00 AM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

    Wow, that sounds like a tough night for you. I hope you get some sleep tonight. I'm glad he is better. I remember well visits just like that where they fight the mask. It's tough and it does break your heart. You are a great mom taking him in to the doctor and sleeping in his room. Do they think he has asthma?

    At Friday, May 11, 2007 11:12:00 AM, Blogger EC said...

    Awww, poor thing! My niece has had bad asthma her entire life, so I know what you went through - and it sucks!! I hope he is doing better today!

    And, really, what is up with the daycare not noticing? When they are that bad, they only have to spend a minute or two with them to notice!!

    At Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Glamorous Redneck said...

    Diva and I both have the same runny nose and dry cough thing. Am thinking that ours are allergy related, however. Hope he's feeling better soon!

    I also can't believe that the daycare didn't notice him wheezing! That's crazy!


    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Previous Posts
    Happy Mother's Day! Giveaway!
    A Camping We Will Go
    Cake Class #1 Finale
    Happy Birthday Baby!
    Interview From Blond Chick
    What's Wrong With This Picture?
    Cake # 2
    A Little Too Late
    Farewell To Our Local Fallen Heroes

    Current Roomie

    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    My Blog Directory

    Blog Design by:

    Image from:

    Powered by: