.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Monday, July 23, 2007
    One Of Millions
    Ok, I'll admit it. I was one of the crazy Harry Potter fans that stood in line Friday night to be one of the "first" to get the new book. At least I didn't dress up.

    There had to be at least 500 people at the local BAM (Books A Million), and most of those were tweens. Just how I wanted to spend my late Friday night. I do not envy the people who had to clean up that mess, let me tell you. BAM had it's registers opened until 11:45 pm (which really was retail genius) so all of us that were trapped in the store could buy that book that we have read in its entirety while waiting for 12:01 am.

    We all finally figured out where the line actually started, (Side note: Dear manager of BAM, next time you might want to have more than one person pointing out where they line actually is. Thanks!) and stood there. And stood there. Right before midnight, they started counting down. This caused ear-splitting screams and clapping. I swear to you, you would have thought Brad Pitt, or someone from High School Musical, was coming in the building. While I am all about me some Harry Potter, I am not about to scream like a banshee because I can get a book. A book people! But hey, at least we know that a hella lot of people were reading their little heart's out for a least one night right? At 12:01 am on the nose they started handing out books, I guess. I wouldn't know since it took almost 30 minutes for the line to start to move. I still don't know what the hold up was. But oh well...

    By 12:30 am, I had my very own copy in my tired little hands. I drove home and read until 2 am. I just couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. I am now on page 120. I can say that some of the fans will have probably read it cover to cover three times before I finish it the first time. I am a slow reader, and I have two little beings that rely on my for everything so I have to stop reading from time to time. Oh, and I value my sleep way too much. But I will finish it. And I already know how it ends. I know..I am a TERRIBLE person. But this time I just couldn't wait. I had to at least know the fate of Harry. But I'll never tell :) You'll have to read it for yourself.

    So that was what I was doing this weekend. How many of you out there have the book? What do/did you think?

    Labels:


      posted at 7/23/2007 11:23:00 AM
      1 comments


    1 Comments:
    At Monday, July 23, 2007 11:52:00 AM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

    I'm about 1/2 of the way done. I do NOT know the ending and do not want to know. I'm a speed reader and trying to slow myself down as *sob* it IS the last ever book. On the other hand, I'm afraid if I do not finish it soon, I'm going to catch wind of some spoiler.

    p.s. I did not wait in line. The post man delivered it to me on Saturday.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Nothing Better To Do
    To Croc Or Not To Croc?
    What I Have Been Up To
    BFF?
    Wednesday Weigh In (a day early)
    Did You Miss Me?
    Wednesday Weigh In
    Taking It Back
    Friday's Feast
    Buzz Kill

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: