.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Monday, July 30, 2007
    They're Gone
    My babies are gone...

    For a week that is. My IL's took them with them to NY for the week to go camping. We will be joining them at the end of the week for a week of camping ourselves. Up until this week AM and I have been dreading it, but now we are actually looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the 14 hour drive (YUCK!) but a week of relaxing and just hanging out. That is if the kids aren't spoiled rotten by then.

    AM posed me with a question: What did we do before we had kids?

    Good question indeed. It has been almost 4 years, so I can't really remember what it was like. I remember that AM worked all the time on 2nd shift, so at night I was free to do what I wanted. I took Tae Kwon Do three times a week. Other than that I just can't remember. I am sure we did something though. Isn't that just sad?

    Friday night we took the kids to Maw-Maw and Pop-Pop's to spend the night since they would be leaving out around 3 am. They were so sweet and DQ is soo excited about camping. They gave us hugs and kisses and told us bye-bye. We were home by 8 pm and bored out of our minds by 8:30. AM stated that if they were home it wouldn't be any different since they would be asleep. I told him this was true. The only difference was that we were free to leave the house and do whatever we wanted. We didn't leave the house. Exciting aren't we?

    Saturday morning, AM had a side job to do (he is a plumber) so I spent the morning going through the toy boxes. 2 trash bags later the toys were weeded out. No toys are in the living room baskets anymore, and all the toys are in their rightful spots in the correct bedrooms. The kiddos have an inate ability to put their toys anywhere but where they go. One trashbag is full of junk that will be thrown away (Happy Meal toys, those damn high heels that DQ almost breaks her legs in daily) and one bag if for the local Children's Home for children who are taken away from their parents due to bad living conditions, etc. I hope the tpys bring them as much joy as they have my own children. I will drop them off by Wednesday.

    After going through all the toys, I got my hair cut (hence the new picture in my About Me section). You like? When AM was finished with his job, we went out to dinner at Tony Roma's, our favorite restaurant. AM isn't one for trying new things, so we almost always go to TR's when we get a chance. Usually the food is excellent, but this time AM's St. Loius ribs were digusting. There were teeny-tiny little bones all in the ribs and he almost chocked several times. And the waitress. Oh.My.Gawd! was she awful! We literally had to ask for everything a minimum of twice for multiple things. Not a good thing. She got a 1.36 tip and that was being generous. I had received one of those complete the survey and get $5 off your next meal things. I left it in black folder-thingy because it was the receipt, she the hoochy took it! UGH! (We are eating at Red Robin sometime this week).

    After dinner, we were going to go see 1408 (starring John Cusack), but we missed the 8:00 show and didn't want to wait until 10 so we visited AM's old place of employment and then headed home. I had thrown my back out the night before, so I took a muscle relaxer and went to bed. Haven't had that good a night's sleep in a LONG time. :)

    We decided that we would go to an early matinee on Sunday. We were child-free afterall! We went ahead and saw 1408, even though AM really wants to see Transformers. I just can't see myself sitting through two hours of Autobots and Decepticons. I'm sorry, I just can't do it. 1408 was ok; the typical Stephen King movie. Hated the ending. Basically, it is about a writer who goes into "haunted" places and de-myths them. He is a cynic and doesn't believe that ghosts exist. And of course he has a past. Turns out his daughter died of some terminal illness and he left his wife to deal with the grief. He finds out about this "haunted" room in a hotel in NY and they refuse to rent it to him- so of course he has to stay there. Supposedly, no one that has stayed in the room has ever lasted more than an hour. The rest of the movie is about the writer and the evil room. Like I said, typical Stephen King. But it was ok if you like that sort of thing.

    Then we went to BJ's and got diapers, pullups, (you didn't think I wouldn't get something for the kids- teehee) and a new camera for me! Yippee!! I can't wait to use it!

    Last night we spent watching TV and doing nothing. I watched Big Brother (who do you think is going home?) and then The Two Coreys on A&E. If you haven't watched it, and you are a child of the 80's you need to. It if freaking hysterical. Watching the two Coreys (Haim and Feldman- remember them?) interact is freakin funny. Feldman (and his wife) are vegetarian freaks, and Haim is still acting like he is 18 with ADD. Totally nuts I tell ya! I laughed out loud many times. It's on Sundays at 10 pm. Watch it!

    Today I work. Oh the fun. I am thinking of doing a ride-along with the officers, but I don't know if I can fit it all in. We leave for NY Friday morning at 3 am, and there is only so much that you can cram into 6 days without the bay-bays. And it might be nice to just sit and relax too ya know?

    But what is the fun in that?

    Labels:


      posted at 7/30/2007 08:19:00 AM
      2 comments


    2 Comments:
    At Monday, July 30, 2007 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Glamorous Redneck said...

    The hubs and I had a similar conversation about kids the last time they were gone. "What are we going to do when they are grown and gone?" he asked me as we were on our way home from ice cream.

    "That's never going to happen, so stop all that foolish talk!" was my reply. lol

    It's crazy how these little things can impact our lives so much in such a short amount of time, isn't it?

     
    At Monday, August 06, 2007 3:57:00 PM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

    I LOVE your new hair. LOVE IT.

    Enjoy your alone time. That was the best part of BlogHer. No kids!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    One Of Millions
    Nothing Better To Do
    To Croc Or Not To Croc?
    What I Have Been Up To
    BFF?
    Wednesday Weigh In (a day early)
    Did You Miss Me?
    Wednesday Weigh In
    Taking It Back
    Friday's Feast

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: