.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Wednesday, June 04, 2008
    You Will Be Greatly Missed
    This past Sunday, a good friend of ours was killed in a motorcycle accident. As he was traveling down I-77 in South Carolina with his best friend, he experienced a mechanical problem and was trying to get his Harley stopped when he was thrown from the motorcycle. Unfortunately, he was not wearing a helmet.

    Mickey and AM worked together for several years at Lance. He was one of the happiest people I have ever met. Not once did I see him without a smile on his face and he was always willing and able to help anyone in need. His laugh was infectious and you could always tell when he was close-by because he could be heard long before he was seen. He was also one of the biggest flirts I have ever met, which always brought a smile to the ladies that were around. His wife Kandy is also one of the sweetest women I have ever met and my heart aches for her as Mickey was her world.

    Last night was his visitation, and I never knew how many peoples lives Mickey touched in one way or another. When I say that we stood in line to speak to the family for almost 2 hours- I am not over-exaggerating. I have only witnessed that many people at a visitation one other time and that was at a police service. It was truly heart-warming to see that many people loved Mickey. He was truly one of a kind and we will all miss his laughter.

    As with any unexpected death, it makes you reflect on your own mortality. AM and I both talked for a while about things like wills and what we want if something ever happens to us. These are things that no one wants to talk about, but it is important that they are taken care of in case it happens. I am a firm believer that, unless you are partaking in behavior that puts you at risk, then when your time is up it is up. Only God knows when it is time to leave this place and there isn't a lot you can do to change it. As much as it hurts, everything happens for a reason. Therefore, I think we should all live each day to the fullest since you never know when it will be your last. As much as I take life for granted, I hope that everyone I care for knows just how much I love and cherish each one of them.

    To everyone out there that owns and/or rides motorcycles- please, please, PLEASE wear your helmets! We will never know if Mickey's life could have been saved had he been wearing one, but I have known way too many people that have been seriously injured or killed because they didn't wear them. It's a simple thing and takes only seconds. I know they might not be the most stylish thing in the world, and on a hot summer day they just plain suck but it is such a small price to pay.

    RIP Mickey. I hope you are making the angels laugh as much as you did us.

    "James M. “Mickey” Funderburk, Jr.LANCASTER, SC ::::::::::Mr. James M. “Mickey” Funderburk, Jr. age 46, died Sunday, June 1, 2008. He was born September 25, 1961 in Lancaster County, the son of Lola Lloyd Funderburk and the late James Milburn Funderburk and was the husband of Kandace Hoke Funderburk. Mr. Funderburk was the owner of S & F Motor Sports and a member of Faith Baptist Church.Mr. Funderburk is survived by his wife Kandace Hoke Funderburk of the home, his mother, Lola Lloyd Funderburk of Lancaster, 2 daughters, Elizabeth “Beth” Billings and her husband Eric of Phoenix, AZ and Michelle Funderburk of Rock Hill, a step daughter, Brandy Cason and her husband David of Rock Hill, 2 sisters, Rita Finch and Janice Montgomery both of Lancaster, and 1 grandchild, Callahan Cason."

    Labels:


      posted at 6/04/2008 09:28:00 AM
      4 comments


    4 Comments:
    At Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:23:00 PM, Blogger MBKimmy said...

    So sorry about your friend, you and his family are all in my prayers!

     
    At Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:05:00 AM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

    I'm so sorry to hear of his passing...i know how hard it is to lose a friend too early...(((hugs))) to you and your family today!

     
    At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for you kind words about Daddy. He was a great man and a wonderful father. Just so that you know... the coroner said that a helmet would not have saved his life. His body recieved such massive trauma that he would not have survived. Once again, thank you for your kind word and helping keep his memory alive.

     
    At Saturday, April 04, 2009 5:41:00 PM, Anonymous mickan-kandiland said...

    hi its kandi,i was surfing and saw your article on mickey.it is very sweet and describes him just right.i miss him more every day that passes.i will love him forever and ever.his memory will live on in my heart forever,thank you,luv kandi funderburk

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Where I've Been
    Mother's Guilt (Take Two)
    Happy Birthday Wildman!!
    Could This Day Get Any Worse?
    The Sky Isn't Visible From Here
    Random Cuteness
    First Day
    Sometimes I’m Just A Bitch
    Mother's Guilt
    Shocked!

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: