.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Thursday, October 02, 2008
    Update on Banned From Church
    I just heard back from the Music Director. Below is her response and a copy of the email that I sent:

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    This is not acceptable for either the teachers to tell you that or for your kids to have to quit without a chance. I am meeting with all the teachers this Sunday afternoon for planning. I will investigate and get back with you next week if that’s ok. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    Music Director


    From: Me [mailto:elleoz0112@yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:28 AMTo: mailto:You@comporium.net: Concern

    Music Director,

    I just wanted to let you know that I am pulling DQ and WM from the children's choir program. I was told by the teachers that WM is a disruption to the other children and it would be better if he didn't continue to come to class. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. I understand that WM can be a "lot of boy" at times and he might not be ready to participate in something like the program, but I also feel like the situation wasn't handled approriately. For the last three weeks, the teacher has told me of "issues" with him.

    Three Wednesday's ago, it was pointed out that he had an accident and had to go potty during class. I do take my children to the bathroom just prior to the start of class, but he is three and when he has to go he can't hold it. I didn't feel that this really needed to even be brought up but I let it slide. Two Wednesday's ago WM was having a bad day and he didn't do well in class and refused to share. This was inappropriate behavior on his part and I had a long talk with him and he had priveldges taken away for being bad. In this instance, I completely understand the concern. Then last night, I kept a close eye on him through the window to see what was going on. About halfway through the class I noticed that he was climbing in the chairs and wasn't participating. Since I wasn't in the classroom, I am not sure how much interaction the teachers were having with him since I wasn't watching from the beginning. However, from a mother's perspective it seems that the teachers had given up on him several weeks ago. He is in daycare full time and they have different activities (to include music) and he sits still and participates without any problems. I appears to me (as an outside parent) that he was never given a chance to get comfortable with the teachers and no one took the time to try to bond with him and get him to participate. I realize that it is a short class, but with children that young I would expect the leaders of the class to be able to try to nurture those that have a hard time a little. Maybe I have too high expectations. I would have been more than willing to try to get him more involved or sat in the class with him to try to get him to particiapte, but I was never given the opportunity to try to come up with any other solution other than to stop bringing him. I don't see a point in bringing DQ and not WM. That would just be adding salt to the wound.

    Anyway, thank you for the opportunity and I wish your program continued success.

    Me

    Labels:


      posted at 10/02/2008 11:30:00 AM
      1 comments


    1 Comments:
    At Monday, October 06, 2008 12:39:00 PM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

    First of all, why did they call him having to use the bathroom "an accident?" An accident would be if he went in his pants. He went on the toliet for God's sake. Right there you have got to know these are asstards.

    Second of all, no matter what the music director comes back with, I don't see how the kids could go back without new "leaders." These three very obviously made up their minds about your kids and from what you said below, the rest of the church has made up their minds about all of you. Which I just don't get.

    Hello? Living your Christianity instead of just vocalizing it?! I HATE churches like that. HATE, HATE, HATE.

    We went through 4 churches before we found this one. It's important to keep on looking. It sucks though. (((HUGS)))

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Banned From Church
    My Newest Obsession
    Who'd A Thunk A 60 Year Old Would Be So Petty
    What Carrie Needs...
    Just Not "Cool" Enough
    Just Call Me Shakira (Or Not)
    You Will Be Greatly Missed
    Where I've Been
    Mother's Guilt (Take Two)
    Happy Birthday Wildman!!

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: