.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Tuesday, June 13, 2006
    Just Another Manic Monday
    Well, ok technically it is Tuesday, but it sure does feel like a Monday to me. It's cool and rainy and I am literally falling asleep at my desk. Only 30 more minutes. If only I could have stayed home and slept all day. Heaven I tell ya!

    Our weekend was ok I guess. Lots of highs and a few lows. Wouldn't be my world if there wasn't I guess. My nephew B spent the night Friday night. DH had him all day and they went to Walmart and did "guy" things. Whatever that means. He ordered pizza and we all had a good laugh at the kids expense. DD sure does love her some B. DH decided to take B and DD to the movies. They went and saw Cars...lucky ducks! I wanted to see it, but someone had to stay home with DS. There is NO WAY he would sit through a 2 hour movie. Heck, I can't get him to sit still for 10 minutes unless he is deathly sick.

    They got home around 9:30 pm. As I was getting ready to put DD's diaper on she looked at me and said "poopy Mommy". "No baby, you didn't poopy", I told her. "DD potty"? Ok! So off to sit on the potty we went. Now we haven't really tried potty training much to date. She will sit on it, but has never done anything in it yet. And pull ups? Yeah, forget about it! She sat there for a little while and then she made this face. Next thing I hear is a steady little trickle. My baby pee peed on the potty! We were both so excited! She had to show daddy and then wave it bye bye. Too adorable. But no more pee pee since then. I am not pushing the issue at this point. But she is getting there. s.l.o.w.l.y.

    I got a phone call from my Mother Friday evening. My Mother never calls unless there is some drama. Long story short (it would take hours to type it all)...my grandmother "Nanny" died two months ago after years of bad health. My Mother and my aunt have never gotten along well. My Mother is addicted to pain medication, on disablilty, and is pretty much worthless for most things, but she has a heart of gold and she is my Mother so I love her. About 10 years ago I got into some financial trouble (no thanks to my mother) and my grandparents took out a loan of $6,000 to bail me out of it. I had every intention of paying them back but the money was never there. I put myself through 7 years of college and will be paying for this here education for the next 30+ years.We are talking $60,000 here. OUCH! My aunt got wind of it and has been hounding me and my Mother about it ever since. Why it is any of her business ultimately, I'll never understand. "My Mother is a horrible person for never helping out her parents (she did, just not as much as maybe she could have), not paying them back every dime that she has ever borrowed from them, etc and I am just as bad because I never paid them back the money" blah blah blah. It says in my grandparents will that each of the grandkids (3 including myself) get $10,000 of their estate when my pa-paw dies. Well, after Evil Aunt tells my Mother what a worthless piece of crap she [Mother] is, she then goes on to say that we (my mother and I) are going to rob her kids of their inheritance. I was, and still am, totally flabbergasted. I forgot that I was NOT a part of the family and the ONLY grandchild for over 13 years.! Whoo wee how could I forget?

    I don't really care about the money per se (not that I couldn't use it) it just where does she get off saying and thinking those things about me? I am a horrible person because instead of paying them back (after they said don't worry about it) my husband and I bought a home and I got my first new car ever? Oh, I'm sorry ...my kids are supposed to live in a shack and be driven around in a piece of crap while your children continue to live a life of name brand priviledge. My bad! Bitter? no, not me? Since meeting DH and graduating from college over 6 years ago I have not asked anyone in my family for anything. I have dug myself out of a huge financial whole and now have a great life and almost spotless credit. All on my own.

    I hate that it has come to this. Spewing hate and jealousy from people that are supposed to love me. My Nanny is probably turning in her grave and crying buckets in heaven. I am trying to be the better person here and not be bitter but I am so over it. I can't take the drama and I won't be made to feel guilty because I have finally done something with my life. If she wants to dissolve that relationship that is up to her. *sigh* Can I trade Evil Aunt in for a newer model?

      posted at 6/13/2006 03:58:00 PM
      3 comments


    3 Comments:
    At Sunday, June 18, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Perstephone said...

    Ewww, all of that will-talk with the family can be soooooo ugly. I still have all four of my grandparents, but already there have been moments where I've been thoroughly embarrassed to be related to certain people. Jeepers, I hope that things get better. Your attitude sounds great, though.

     
    At Sunday, June 18, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Perstephone said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
    At Sunday, June 18, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Perstephone said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Raw Fish
    Isn't She Lovely
    I Kinka Can
    I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me
    Test
    Life After Gastric Bypass
    When Will It Stop?
    WTF?!? (03/28/06)
    Been Awhile (04/27/06)
    A Little Better Today (03/24/06)

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: