.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
About Me


Name: Elleoz

From: Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States

I am 32 years old and have been married for 6 years. I had two children under 2 (hence the blog name), but now they are actually 3 and 2. Maybe it is time to change the blog name? Drama Queen is 3 and Wildman is 2 (15 months apart to be exact). I have a Bachelor's Degree on Criminal Justice from Applachian State University (Go Apps!) and have been at my current place of employment for going on 7 years.

My Complete Profile

Gotta Read Blogs
  • Whatever Blows My Skirt
  • Clusterfook
  • Apropos of Something
  • Pickleness
  • WouldaCouldaShoulda
  • Morphing Into Mama
  • Troll Baby
  • CPA Mom
  • True Wife Confessions
  • Hot House Mama
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Genuine
  • Unexplored Territory
  • Lil Duck Duck
  • Glamorous Redneck
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Cool Mom Picks
  • The Creative Soul
  • The Plumbutt Chronicles
  • Mommy The Maid

  • Terrific Tenants
  • My Life In The Kid Zoo
  • Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
  • Mama? Mama Come Here!
  • Mommy The Maid
  • Have A Great Rest Of Your Day
  • Its My Life...
  • Hot House Mama
  • Expressions of Love
  • Much More Than A Mom
  • Break In Sanity
  • I Want A Little Sugar...

  • What I Am Reading

    What I Am Listening To

    Thursday, June 22, 2006
    We're Back!!!
    Did ya miss me?

    The family unit and I went on a little mini-vacation this past weekend to Myrtle Beach. Vacation capital of the south. Yee haw! It was a lot of fun but way too short. Two days is just not enough time to get a vacation. About the time you get situated and start to relax it is time to pack up and go home...literally.

    DH booked our hotel using one of those discount websites. I think it was www.cheaptickets.com , but I am not positive. We thought that we were getting a decent hotel since it wasn't the cheapest available. Heck, it had a micro/fridge and a Super Start breakfast. What more could a momma ask for right? Whoo wee were we in for a treat. Here is where we stayed...

    http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03849&brandInfo=SE

    Do NOT stay here unless you are desperate! I called a few days before we arrived to check out the crib situation. I specifically asked if they had crimbs and was told yes. I asked if they were porta cribs or pack n plays. I just don't trust those flimsy porta cribs and they never have crib sheets. I could just bring an two pnp's if I needed to. I was told they were pnp's so great. One less thing to bring. DD sleeps in a twin bed at home but it so much easier when on trips to put her in a pnp so that we can stay up if we want to and watch TV. Well, we get there and there are a million kids and hispanics running around. It is probably the second dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. Probably the smallest too. But hey, we were only there to sleep right? A short while after checking in they bring the "pnp" up. It was a damn porta crib. But I had to make do. DS will survive for 2 nights and DD can sleep in the pnp since she is heavier. The TV had a million channels but it was so old that we could not hook up the portable DVD player thatI bring to entertain DD while cooped up in the room. There was no alarm clock to be found so we had no idea what time it was unless we looked at our cell phones. And the Super Start breakfast? Don't get me started. There was waffles, Sugar Frosted Flakes & Raisin Bran, cheap ass powdered sugar donuts, toast and english muffins. That was it. I get better breakfast at the Ramada in the middle of no where than this. And DS won't eat any of that. Thank god I thought to bring some oatmeal for the poor boy or it would have gotten ugly. Needless to say we went out for breakfst the second morning.

    We head on over the Myrtle Beach State Park to where DH's cousins are camping around 5:30 pm. It is really nice and has its own beach so it isn't as crowded as downtown MB in the summer. Of course they aren't there yet. They are late for EVERYTHING and it gets to be so annoying but that was ok. We had to pay $8 just to get in. (We made it a point to get a campers pass so that we wouldn't have to pay the next day.) We took the kids down to the ocean and some of DH's other cousins were there. They took Josh to the water and let him put his feet in the water. (I'll post some pics as soon as I get off my butt and download them off my camera). He liked it but was a little unsure about the waves. But in usual DS fashion he took it all in stride. I tell ya the kid is fearless. I am in sooo much trouble in a few years. DD was another story. Last year she didn't want anything to do with the sand or the water. I can say we have made an improvement. She loves the sand now but will not put so much as a pinky toe in the water. You have to hold her the whole time. It got old rather quickly. DH's primary cousins show up around 7:30 pm and start to set up the camper. We chill with them until around 9 then head to the hotel for baths and bed.

    The kiddos get their baths and we out them to bed. DD is morethan ready and keeps telling me "night night Mommy". She lays right down to sleep. My son, of course has other plans. He keeps standing up and crying because he can see us and it is much more fun to be with us. Did I mention neither one got an afternoon nap? So he finally went to sleep. I took a shower and went to bed around 10:30. I don't think I slept 4 hours total. Worst night sleep in a long time.

    The next day after our "super" breakfast we headed back out to the campground around 9 am. We were going to the Flea Market with his cousins. It took said cousins until 11 am to get going so that we could get to the flea market. As soon as we get there we have to stop for lunch. My kids will not go hungry! They will chew your arm off and pierce your ear drums in the process. DS feasted on chili cheese fries and DD had chicky nuggets and fwies. Health fun, I know. We walked around for several hours. By the end the kiddos were exhausted and way past nap time so we asked cousins if it would be ok if the kids crashed in the camper for awhile to take naps. "No problems, of course". So we stopped to get the pnp for DS and on to the camp. Well, they beat us back and as I was trying to get DS to sleep, dear cousin decided it was time to clean the camper.

    Uhh, hello? You said my kids could take a nap? I was so annoyed. And I was trying to hurry so that I could go to the beach for an hour or so, alone, to enjoy the ocean and sun before dinner. But she-cousin wouldn't leave the camper. So DS got absolutely NO nap that day. Let me tell you it wasn't pretty.

    As we were visiting we kept commenting on how we wished that we would have just brought he tent and camped there. It was so nice weather wise (highs in the mid-80s) and DS loved playing in the dirt. He was dirtier than I have ever seen him in my life and he loved it! He was crawling, rolling, throwing and eating dirt all day. My own little pig pen! Too cute! And the little booger stood up by himself for the first time too! Why does he always reach some milestone when we are out of town? He rolled over for the first time at 4 months while we were camping in Niagara Falls NY last summer.

    Needless to say, we are now looking for a pop-up tent camper. So if anyone has one for sale, let me know. Next year we will be staying at the campground. It may be in a cabin, a tent, or our own camper but no more hotels for us. Camping is much more fun. I'm ready to go again. Glutton for punishment I know.

    Any of you have camping stories to share?

      posted at 6/22/2006 02:26:00 PM
      0 comments


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Search


    Previous Posts
    Frikken Wegos!
    Just Another Manic Monday
    Raw Fish
    Isn't She Lovely
    I Kinka Can
    I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me
    Test
    Life After Gastric Bypass
    When Will It Stop?
    WTF?!? (03/28/06)

    Current Roomie

    Archives
    December 2005
    January 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    June 2009
    September 2009
    June 2013
    January 2016
    February 2018
    April 2018

    My Goodies

    Gimme Your Stuff

  • Disclosure Policy

  • Links
    Shopping

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Miscellaneous
    My Blog Directory

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: